Thursday, August 27, 2026

FIEA Entrance Portfolio

Creature Animations:


My first piece is the Vile Hog, from my undergrad capstone project Veilwood. I contributed the skeletal rig, nurbs control system, the skinning of the model and all animations. This creature made use of a master rig, so all variants of the hog could make use of the same animation controller in game, while having different appearances.


This next piece is the Firecracker Hen from my undergrad capstone project Veilwood. This is a transformative creature in game and makes use of two separate models attached to a single game asset. I contributed the skeletal rig, nurbs control system, the skinning of the model and all animations of both versions of the hen. The eldritch variant makes use of stretch spline systems and incorporates both twist and roll joints for additional pose ability.


This next piece is the Deer Stalker from my undergrad capstone project Veilwood. This is a transformative creature in game, the desired effect was a morphing creature, which was achieved through a model swap combined with two separate morph-like animations. Like the hen, the stalker makes use of two separate models attached to a single game asset. I contributed the skeletal rig, nurbs control system, the skinning of the model and all animations of both versions.


This final piece from Veilwood is The Acolyte. This rig features ribbons for the fabric components and FK/IK switches for the limbs. I contributed the skeletal rig, nurbs control system, the skinning of the model.

Head Rig:


This is a head/face rig. it makes use of both direct joint controls and blend shape controls. I contributed the Skeletal rig, The skinning of the model and the few posed animations for demonstration purposes. 

Motion Capture:


This Piece is of the Shop Bear from the game The Lost Star. This bear uses motion capture data. The model was auto rigged in mixamo, however, I was the motion actor for the mocap data and did the retargeting and animation cleanup for the collected data.


This Piece is of the JAck-in-the-box from the game The Lost Star. This clown uses motion capture data. The model was auto rigged in mixamo, however, I was the motion actor for the mocap data and did the retargeting and animation cleanup for the collected data.


No comments:

Post a Comment